Thursday, February 08, 2007

Interviews
Here's my new interview with up and coming R&B singer, Lea, who collaborated on the #1 hit "Sunshine" with Lil' Flip.
--
Q1: When is your album coming out, and what is it titled?
I'm working on getting the album out by the end of this year. Im still not sure what I want to call it. I have a few ideas though
Q2: What will be the first single, or is a strong candidate for the first single?
Im still in the process of recording so I cant really say. It would probably be a new song cause the ones on my My Space page are pretty old already.
Q3: Which producers did you work with? Is it true that you worked with Akon?
I havent had the pleasure of working with Akon. I met him once though. Hes a talented guy. Ive worked with Ryan Leslie, The CornaBoyz, Rico Love, Static, and Mario Winans to name a few,
Q4: How do you keep your beautiful voice in shape?
Thank you! I just sing any chance that I get. I make sure to stay warm and protect my throat in cold weather. I also try not to yell or strain my voice. Vocal excercises are also the key.
Q5: How was it like working with Lil' Flip on the smash hit, "Sunshine"?
It was pretty cool. Hes a nice guy and very respectful for a rapper. It was weird traveling with a bunch of guys but they made is easier by being really sweet :)
Q6: Who would you love to duet with?
Probably Robin Thicke. I love that man!
Q7: What is your favorite song at the moment?
Im loving Robin Thicke's whole album
Q8: Where do you find inspiration to write songs?
Id have to say through experiences I have been through and experiences that friends have been through.
Q9: Is is true you're dating Lil' Flip? And, if not, are you in a relationship?
Definitely NOT! Flip and I did a song together and that was IT! Nothing more. Im not currently dating. Music is my number one passion.
Q10: What is your favorite type of music?
I love all types of music. I can appreciate all art forms. I mostly listen to R&B though
Q11: What is, in your opinion, the best song you ever recorded?
Id have to say Im Gone cause its the first song where I actually push my range and reach my potential as a vocalist.
Q12: Alot of artists are shedding their clothes to sell. Do you feel the pressure to do that? (I hope not!)
Not at all. Im such a tomboy and my whole life Ive been more comfortable wearing baggy comfortable clothes. Dont get me wrong, it is fun to dress sexy sometimes and IM sure Ill fit in a Maxim cover here and there but it wont be to sell albums. It'll mostly be like playing dress up! I have faith that my talent alone can sell albums. We'll just have to wait and see if it does :)

--
Next Interview: I had a chance to do an interview with Golden Globe and SAG awards winner Jennifer Hudson. She talked about everything from her album to the supposed fued with Beyonce. Check back lata for it!