Friday, September 28, 2007

NEWS TIDBITS
Kelly Rowland to Re-Release Ms. Kelly

In a recent interview with the Lantern, they asked her about a re-release of Ms. Kelly and she said this:
The Lantern: Are you reissuing "Ms. Kelly?"
Kelly Rowland: I am actually. I'm going back into the studio to do some more songs. I was very apprehensive at first, but I swallowed my pride. The record industry is very different. Things are going more digital and I want to accommodate my fanbase.
I also heard that it will involve production by J.R. Rotem and Bryan-Michael Cox. If so, she's got it set. Those are two of the biggest producers at the moment.
--
Trina's Song 'Stolen'; Label Furious
Miami rapper Trina and her label Slip N Slide Records have revealed that her first single "Single Again" which features Christina Milian was stolen from a local recording studio and leaked via the email and the Internet. According to Slip N Slide CEO Ted Lucas, the illegal, stolen version is the wrong track.
"This mishap is extremely unfortunate and the official version of 'Single Again' track featuring Trina by herself will be re-released by the end of the week," Lucas told AllHipHop.com. "I am thankful that nothing else was taken from the computer. I guess we can look at this bizarre experience and move forward with Trina's upcoming project."
According to representatives for Trina, the rapper was "in complete shock" when she realized the single had been stolen. "Single Again" is taken from Trina's upcoming album Da Baddest Chick Part 2: Reloaded, which features guest appearances by Missy Elliott, Gwen Stefani and others.
Well, that's the biz for you. Her official first single will be a song with Missy.
--
Alicia Keys As I Am Tracklisting

1. As I Am (Intro)
2. Go Ahead
3. Superwoman
4. No One
5. Like You'll Never See Me Again (featuring Timbaland)
6. Lesson Learned (featuring John Mayer)
7. Wreckless Love
8. The Thing About Love
9. Teenage Love Affair
10. I Need You
11. Where Do We Go From Here
12. Prelude To A Kiss
13. Tell You Something
14. Sure Looks Good To Me
15. Heavy Times (featuring John Mayer)