Monday, January 01, 2007


YAY!!! It's officially 2007!!!!!!!! I'd like to show some appreciation to the people that helped this blog become what it is... Monica (MMania) and Toya, thanks for showing love for FUNKY-MEDIA!!!!!!!!!! Chinchill, thanks for that Alesha Dixon track!! It's bananas!!! Joey (AKA JoeyJackpot): You've been a real friend, thanks. Kevin, thanks for being my friend through in and out!! You know I enjoy our little IM coversations! (Let's play 'Guess The Song' again!) Benji, let's do another mixtape together. The last one rocked!!!!!!!!! ExtraSmooth83, though I lost my ways of contacting you, I still love ya!! Contact me on MySpace!!!!! A special, special, special, special, special, thanks to Miss Silena Murrell for agreeing to do an interview with me and calling me genuine. I love you!!! Also, Rihanna, Latavia Roberson(when u coming out with a mixtape?) for answering my questions! Chris and Rixhe for being affiliates. My family over at GoAshanti, and BP Forums and THE-IDX. Last but not least, my REAL family for making things happen!
--
So I decided to end the poll, and here's the results!

1. Ciara/Promise (The Evolution)
So Cici won by a hair... getting 19 votes. No surprise there considering everyone is loving her new album. Don't get me wrong, though, she totally deserves it!!!

2. Beyonce/Irreplaceable (B'Day)
18 votes... one vote short. Someone voted last minute for CiCi, so... I love this song, though! It's the current No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100, and Bee deserves it. Congrats Bee!!
3. Christina Aguilera/Ain't No Other Man (Back To Basics)
14 votes. Christina went all jazz for her latest album... and everyone liked it! This song was a huge hit, and it's hot!! Go Xtin.. I mean, Baby Jane!!
4. Rihanna/SOS (A Girl Like Me)
I love this song!!! Rihanna really did amazing this year!!!! This was my pick, but it came in fourth, scoring 12 votes. I hope Rihanna comes back stronger than ever in '07!!
5. Nelly Furtado/Maneater (Loose)
Nelly started to dance this year, and everyone was feelin' it. Her song "Promiscuous" was a No. 1 hit in the U.S., while "Maneater" was an international hit, getting No. 1 in more than 5 countries. Her infectious album was also a huge hit. She got 11 votes.
6. Monica/Beat Drop (Makings of Me)
7 votes. Hated the song, loved the album. "Beat Drop" was my least fave song off of MOM... I wonder why it was even chosen as a single. It was a hit, though... TOP 40 U.S.
7. Shakira/Don't Bother (Oral Fixation Vol. 2)
Shakira got 3 votes. Good for her!! I enjoyed both this album and song... Can't wait for her duet with Beyonce!
8. Jamelia/Beware of The Dog (Walk With Me)
Jamelia went rock and nobody noticed... expect the 2 people that voted for her and moi...oh, and PopJustice, too. Anyways, this song is hot!!
9. Gwen Stefani/Wind It Up (The Sweet Escape)
Only 1 person was feeling this 'evolution'... strange, yet true...
10. Fantasia/Hood Boy (Fantasia)
I was really in shock when I saw this... 0 freakin' votes!!! U gotta be kidding! Well, I enjoyed her album...
--
BEST (& WORST) OF '06 LIST:
Best Album of '06:

1.LeToya by LeToya
I bet you didn't see this coming. I didn't gush over this album as I have others, but honestly, this is a masterpiece. The songs aren't overdone or underdown, they're just right and perfect. I've been waiting for this album for four years and I was really happy with the outcome. "Obvious" and "I'm Good" are two of my jams of 2006!
2. Ciara: The Evolution by Ciara
3. A Girl Like Me by Rihanna
4. Makings of Me by Monica
5. The Evolution of Robin Thicke by Robin Thicke
6. B'Day by Beyonce
7. The High Road by JoJo
8. Talk To Me by George
9. Back To Basics by Christina Aguilera
10. The Dutchess by Fergie

Runner-Ups
11. Kelis Was Here by Kelis
12. Chris Brown by Chris Brown
13. Between Friends by Tamia
14. Life In Mono by Emma Bunton

15. Loose by Nelly Furtado
Best Songs of '06:


1. "Irreplaceable" by Beyonce
This song is currently the No. 1 song on the Hot 100 charts and twelve other charts beating a record made by Mariah Carey. I've adored this song since the moment I heard it. It's sweet and hot, and shows a whole new side of Beyonce. I appluad her for trying something new... and succeeding!!!
2. "Fergalicious" by Fergie (Feat. Will.I.Am)
3. "No More Complaining" by Mila J
4. "She Don't" by LeToya
5. "Something About You" by Jamelia
6. "Lost Without You" by Robin Thicke
7. "Lipstick" by Alesha Dixon
8. "Say It Right" by Nelly Furtado
9. "Come To Me" by P. Diddy (Feat. Nicole Scherzinger)
10. "We Ride" by Rihanna
Runner-Ups:
11. "Me & U" by Cassie
12. "Ride For U" by Danity Kane
13. "Tell Me" by P. Diddy (Feat. Christina Aguilera)
14. "Hurt" by Christina Aguilera
15. "My Love" by Justin Timberlake (Feat. T.I.)
Worst Albums of '06:
1. FutureSex/LoveSounds by Justin Timberlake
Can you say overrated as hell? I can and I will!! At first listen, I thought this album was nice, but I was caught up in the Beyonce/B'Day craze, so I thought anything was hot! LOL! Anyways, I only enjoyed a few songs on here and the rest is all Timbaland blandness.
2. In My Mind by Pharrell
3. Public Warning by Lady Soveriegn
4. The First Seed by Yummy Bingham
5. Me, Myself & I by Fat Joe
6. Every Woman Dreams by Shanice
7. The Re-Up by Eminem
8. Walk With Me by Jamelia
9. King by T.I.
10. In My Own Words by Ne-Yo
Worst Singles of '06:
1. "Show Me What U Got" by Jay-Z
This song is annoying as hell... I just can't get into it. His album is basically flopping, but there were hot songs on Kingdom Come.
2. "Beat Drop" by Monica (Feat. Dem Franchise Boyz)
3. "Yo!" by Chris Brown
4. "Call On Me" by Janet Jackson (Feat. Nelly)
5. "Smack That" by Akon (Feat. Eminem)
6. "Cohiba" by Mario Vazquez (Feat. Nox & Fat Joe)
7. "We Run This" by Missy Elliot
8. "Entourage" by Omarion
9. "Show Stoppers" by Danity Kane
10. "Stay" by Ne-Yo
Most Anticipated Albums of '07:

1. Katharine McPhee by Katharine McPhee
I simply cannot wait for this album!! I know it's gonna be blazin'!!! Includes production by Danja, Chad Hugo, Kara DioGaurdi and Billy Steinberg among others. Release date is Jan. 30.
2. TBA by Britney Spears
3. Headstrong by Ashley Tisdale
4. Fired Up by Alesha Dixon
5. TBA by Sterling Simms
6. TBA by Silena Murrell
7. ...With Love by Hilary Duff
8. Incredible by Ashanti
9. The Best Damn Thing by Avril Lavigne
10. Until Yesterday by JC Chasez
--

That's it for now, loyal visitors!!